Image 1 of 1

020715-St-Lukes Episcopal-Church-Cahaba-1.tif

Add to Cart
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is pictured, Feb. 7, 2015, in Orrville, Alabama. The Carpenter Gothic church was designed by Richard Upjohn and built in 1854. It was relocated to Old Cahawba Archaeological Park in 2007. The church is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is owned by the Alabama Historical Commission. Cahaba, also known as “Old Cahawba,” was Alabama’s state capital from 1819-1826 but was abandoned after the Civil War. It is now considered a ghost town. It is located in Dallas County near Selma, Alabama. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)
Copyright
2015 Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright
Image Size
4792x3264 / 44.8MB
Contained in galleries
Miscellaneous, Churches
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is pictured, Feb. 7, 2015, in Orrville, Alabama. The Carpenter Gothic church was designed by Richard Upjohn and built in 1854. It was relocated to Old Cahawba Archaeological Park in 2007. The church is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is owned by the Alabama Historical Commission. Cahaba, also known as “Old Cahawba,” was Alabama’s state capital from 1819-1826 but was abandoned after the Civil War. It is now considered a ghost town. It is located in Dallas County near Selma, Alabama. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)